With the developing technology humans have reshaped and rearranged almost every aspect of their lives. We have tried everything to make our lives easier using one or the other form of technology.
Classrooms are becoming smart with interactive boards, smart boards, projectors, and online learning programs, and Learning Management Systems are becoming more popular across the entire education sector.
So let’s discuss some of the most promising and impressive emerging technology trends in higher education –
- Artificial Intelligence : AI is used in arranging student data, incapacity aid, library services. AI-based application instruments and software are also out there enabling educators clear, straightforward and reliable ways and techniques of making schooling fun, adaptive, detailed, customized and better inclusive.
- Online Assessments : Online assessments have become very common for everyone now. Thanks to pandemic. Being locked up in our houses and yet being able to appear for exams and get assessed in a fair manner has only been possible by the virtue of technology.
Although we still need to control the malpractices in/on the net assessments and to make them truthful and far more credible.
- Augmented reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) Labs : Augmented Reality assists you witness the true-planet functions in an improved method with the assist of AR headsets. On the other hand, VR makes it possible for you to visualize occasions that are not in fact there.
- IoT for Smart Campus : The Internet of Points (IoT) is an engineering sample that allows all good units to talk with each individual other by means of the world wide web. These equipment connect by sending indicators that can be employed for a variety of needs, these as:
- Alerts, alarms, and triggers
- Worry alarms
- Automatic protection checking throughout the overall campus
- Automatic enforcement of identification, validation, and authentication in several configurations
- Open Schooling and Hybrid Courses : It is an initiative by open education, learning consortium and Google which aims to making education affordable and accessible for everyone across the globe. The open up instruction programs are accessible for totally free on the world-wide-web and are getting to be significantly well-liked between the teaching fraternity and college students all more than the world.
Some examples of these courses and open studying comprise:
- Limited classes
- Boot camps and badges
- Expert licenses and certificates
- College certificates
- College-accredited packages
- Microdentials and its business opportunities : Microcredentials are programs focusing on a specific skill set in order to create a better employable student at the end of the course. They are significantly shorter and more flexible than traditional degree programs.
These programs can range from –
- Short courses and badges
- Boot camps
- Professional certificates and licenses
- Certificates issued by universities
- Other university-accredited programs
So these were the 6 highly discussed emerging Ed tech trends in world. However these are not the only ones. There are obviously more elements that can make higher education easier and more fun with their proper application and usage like Big Data for performance tracking and analysis, 3D hotspots for creating modules etc. As the pandemic has started to take a back seat, some of the challenges associated with the pandemic may be leaving higher education as a more flexible and equitable place.
Views expressed above are the author’s own.
END OF ARTICLE