Nine new stocks make the Safest Dividend Yields Model Portfolio this month, which was made available to members on September 23, 2020.
Recap from August’s Picks
On a price return basis, the Safest Dividend Yields Model Portfolio (-2.5%) outperformed the S&P 500 (-3.3%) by 0.8% from August 20, 2020 through September 21, 2020. On a total return basis, the Model Portfolio (-2.1%) outperformed the S&P 500 (-2.9%) by 0.8% over the same time. The best performing large cap stock was up 11% and the best performing small cap stock was up 6%. Overall, 12 out of the 20 Safest Dividend Yield stocks outperformed their respective benchmarks (S&P 500 and Russell 2000) from August 20, 2020 through September 21, 2020.
Only my firm’s research utilizes the superior data and earnings adjustments featured by the HBS & MIT Sloan paper, “Core Earnings:
What exactly is the relationship between soil nitrogen, corn yield, and nitrogen loss? Most farmers would be forgiven for assuming a straightforward linear relationship: more nitrogen, more grain yield, and maybe, more loss. That’s the assumption many nitrogen management models are based on, but it turns out there’s very little published science to back up that assumption.
In arecent paperleveraging a multi-year dataset from 11 experimental plots and on-farm trials around the state, University of Illinois scientists definitively established the relationship between soil nitrogen at different growth stages and corn yield. The results provide more precise ways to manage nitrogen for grain yield while lowering nitrogen losses.
“Technology nowadays moves very fast. There’s a lot of modeling tools out there to help growers match nitrogen to crop needs, but very little published data showing the relationship,” says Giovani Preza-Fontes, doctoral researcher in the Department of Crop